Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Arleen Hall 6/20/11

I met Arleen Hall today.  She was in the room down at the end of the hallway with some of the other ladies.  The Nurse brought her out and informed me she was a little "off" today.  Her eyes were the first thing I noticed about her.  They glow around her beautiful, innocent aura.  Kathy introduced us and she immediately gave me a hug.

We walked around and made it to the Day Room.  She approached a gentleman in a wheelchair and touched his head in the most gentle manner and really connected with him, looking deeply into his eyes.  As we walked away she told me she liked him.  We returned to the back room where she tended to a woman who was clearly experiencing some physical or spiritual discomfort.  She rubbed this woman's head, played with her bun and did this touching/poking thing down her arm.  I said to her, "You really like helping people."  She responded, "Ya."

She then got up and we walked the hallways again.  I held her hand and she seemed to really enjoy it.  She stopped at the Nurse's station to interact with the staff.  We then continued on and moved down to her room where she showed me her pictures.  When we started talking about Puerto Rico, she started clapping her hands and singing.

After that, she made it down the hallway and stood next to a woman who was in need of transport and didn't seem to be in the greatest of spirits.  Arleen seemed to be holding the space.  She has a really healing energy.

We eventually made it back around the the room in the back that she likes where one of the Aide's was reading a book for one of the other patients.  The Aid mentioned to me that Arleen had been "off" today and didn't eat much.  However, I had been sharing Reiki energy with her throughout our visit and by this point, she was back to clapping, singing and dancing.  She appeared to be in great spirits to me and gave me the impression that she felt the need to make sure that everyone on the floor was okay.

She didn't want me to leave and kept trying to follow me.  Eventually I got her to sit and listen to the story the Aid was reading while I left to get my kids off the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment